Welcome to West Essex Teaching School Alliance
Davenant and St John’s Primary Schools achieved Teaching School status in April 2013, with Burnt Mill Academy gaining Teaching School status in September 2014.
We believe that collaboration is at the heart of the teaching school model. Working together, the Alliance will deliver support for other schools in their wider network to:
- Lead the development of a school-led initial teacher training (ITT) system, either through School Direct or by securing accreditation as an ITT provider
- Lead peer-to-peer professional and leadership development (Continuing Professional Development)
- Identify and develop leadership potential (succession planning and talent management)
- Provide support for other schools through school-to-school support
- Designate and broker Specialist Leaders of Education (SLEs)
- Engage in research and development activity
Throughout all of the above roles, high quality teaching and learning is a core theme.
This theme is reflected in the attachment: 'Three Greats of a Self-improving System'