SLEs - now recruiting
What is an SLE?
SLEs are outstanding middle and senior leaders with at least 2 years’ leadership experience in a particular specialism. Their role is to support individuals or teams in a similar position in other schools. They help others achieve outstanding leadership in their area of specialism.
Deployment varies from a series of half days, to a number of intensive days, to a longer term programme. It may involve visiting or hosting the client school. SLEs must have their Head Teacher’s endorsement for providing school-to-school support.
This role is suitable for teachers who want to:
- have more opportunities to work independently, be creative and try out new ideas
- develop coaching and facilitation skills
- access opportunities to network with peers
- gain experience of different school environments
- learn from ideas and approaches used in other schools
- develop skills and knowledge to improve own practice
- help other teachers to improve
- have a positive impact on outcomes for children
How to apply:
- Contact WETSA (email@example.com) for an application pack or download the forms below:
- For more information about the application process, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Ask your Head Teacher to endorse your application and check that he/she is willing to support your work outside of school and pay for the compulsory Core Training
- Fill in the application form, contact your referees, request references and send it all back to email@example.com by midday, Monday 18th October 2020.
If you are successful at this stage you will be invited to an assessment day which will consist of:
- A presentation
- Formal interview questions
The closing date and time for applications is 18th October 2020, noon.
The assessment days will take place online on 10th and 13th November 2020.